[Vision2020] Caturday (August 27, 2011)

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sat Aug 27 08:24:04 PDT 2011

Courtesy of CBS News' "Celebrity Circuit" at:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31749_162-20097333-10391698.html

-------

(CBS/AP) NEW YORK - A kitten tossed from a moving car on New York City's
Verrazano Bridge has found a home with Whoopi Goldberg.

"The View" co-host posted a video of the cat, nicknamed Vinny, on her
Facebook page. It shows the adorable gray kitten grooming himself and
batting a feather toy with his paw.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150282249087476
<http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150282249087476&oid=18158288185
3740&comments> &oid=181582881853740&comments

Vinny was rescued in July. An Animal Care & Control officer who happened to
be driving on the bridge witnessed the kitten being thrown.

"For all of you who remember me on 'The View' meeting Verrazano," she wrote,
"I adopted him and I was finally able to take him home."

She added that her other cat, Oliver, is "not too happy" about the new
family member.

But, she added, "I think he'll get Oliver to come around sooner than later."

Whoopi Goldberg cuddles with "Verrazano," the 5-month-old kitten abandoned
at the Verrazano Bridge in New York City, on "The View," July 7, 2011.

whoopi-goldberg-kitten_620x350.jpg

http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim/2011/08/25/whoopi-goldberg-kitten_620x350.j
pg

-------