[Vision2020] professor-student romance

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Aug 25 11:07:11 PDT 2011

There is clear evidence that Dr. Bustamante was experiencing serious mental problems of which Ms. Benoit's roommates were aware.  By virtue of the complaints filed against Dr. Bustamante, it is clear that UI must have, at bare minimum, suspected that he was having problems.

Now, it seems to me that UI had two choices; either be proactive and have Dr. Bustamante undergo evaluation and subsequent therapy or . . . ignore it and bury their mistakes later.

Unfortunately, UI opted for the latter and tasked their CYA Spin department to provide the generic, "The University of Idaho does not tolerate . . . blah blah blah . . . we offer our condolences . . . blah blah blah . . . "

Question:  Are there any other Ernesto Bustamantes on campus of which we common folk are unaware?  Are you sure?

Seeya round town, Moscow.

"The Pessimist complains about the wind, the Optimist expects it to change and the Realist adjusts his sails."

- Unknown