[Vision2020] The Nation's Stupidest Republican

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Aug 24 13:06:07 PDT 2011

Courtesy of Tea Party Nation (that's right, TEA PARTY NATION) at:

http://www.teapartynation.com/forum/topics/america-s-dumbest-republican-congressman

There is a Republican Congressman who has taken stupidity to a new level.

Who is it?

Steve Chabot of Ohio.

On August 22, Chabot held a town hall meeting.  He held the meeting at a public school and Chabot’s staff ordered police to confiscate cell phone cameras.

Here is the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R0a8CcegxI

I don’t know any other way to put this.  Chabot is a moron.  First, you cannot confiscate the property of a private citizen without a warrant or some other due process.  Second, and I will type this slowly just in case Chabot is reading this so he will understand this.  PHOTOGRAPHY IS NOT A CRIME.

If you go in public, you can expect to be photographed and recorded on video.  Perhaps Chabot should go back and read the Constitution.

A call to Congressman Chabot’s office in Washington referred TPN to Chabot’s spokesman in his District office.  Repeated calls to that office were not answered, as the line remained busy.

Perhaps the call the Congressman should get is a call to learn what the Bill of Rights guarantees or a call to get out of his job.

Seeya round town, Moscow.

"The Pessimist complains about the wind, the Optimist expects it to change and the Realist adjusts his sails."

- Unknown