[Vision2020] No Guts, Misquotes, & Mark Driscoll

Art Deco deco at moscow.com
Tue Aug 23 09:14:26 PDT 2011

With all the buzz about the Christ Church Cult's scheduling of sexually obsessed so-called pastor Mark Driscoll who receives pornographic visions from Jesus, a couple of interest comments have passed almost unnoticed.

Vera White commented briefly about the latest Wilson-steps-on-his-dick-again snafu in last week's Ink.  [See complete Ink comment below].

One paragraph is of special interest:

The INKster tried for two days to reach Wilson for comment, but was told he was busy with back-to-back meetings. She did however talk to Assistant Pastor Mike Lawyer Friday who explained the conference might attract "people from all over the world" and the agenda would include a Minister's Conference for men titled "The Puritan Five," and for females a session called "Dangerous Women."

First, Wilson, whose invitation to Driscoll and inept, illogical defense of that invitation has been widely criticized and lampooned in the Reformed Community of which Wilson is the alleged leader(at least for now), hasn't got the courage to discuss it very far outside his own cloistered circle.

Second, a friend who is not on V2020 but reads the Ink asked me if it was possible that Mike Lawyer possibly misspoke or was misquoted in the above paragraph.  She wonders instead of "people from all over the world", what was really should have appeared was "perverts from all over the world."

w.
____________________________

Vera White, The Ink, Moscow-Pullman Daily News

The INKster had never heard of Pastor Mark Driscoll of Mars Hill Church in Seattle until the outraged postings started appearing on Vision2020 this week. What stirred up such solid citizens as Saundra Lund of Moscow is

Nazarene Church Pastor Ed Eby's willingness to rent his Church for an appearance by Driscoll.

"I cannot imagine that the community will be overly impressed that the Nazarene Church has rented itself out for a 'sexinar,' " Lund concluded.

In Eby's defense, he rented out his church to Doug Wilson and Christ Church elders, sponsors of Driscoll's appearance next month at a conference titled "The Grace Agenda: All of Christ for All of Life for All The World."

Driscoll has a blog on which in 2008 he answered such questions as: Can I perform anal sex on my wife? Can we use sex toys? My wife likes to masturbate me upon occasion and wants to know how to get better at it. What should she do?

The INKster tried for two days to reach Wilson for comment, but was told he was busy with back-to-back meetings. She did however talk to Assistant Pastor Mike Lawyer Friday who explained the conference might attract "people from all over the world" and the agenda would include a Minister's Conference for men titled "The Puritan Five," and for females a session called "Dangerous Women."

How well does Lawyer know Driscoll?

"I've read some of his recent stuff," Lawyer said. "We feel his stuff is appropriate and like him as far as we know. We respect him and his ministry."

The INKster tried to reach Eby but ended up talking to temporary church secretary Mary Jane Bauer.

"Pastor Eby doesn¹t want to talk about Driscoll right now as he says he is still researching the matter," said Bauer, who has been a member of the church for 30 years. "I've never heard of Driscoll, but we rent out the church to many different groups.²

After the INKster explained a bit about Driscoll's style, Bauer said she "highly doubts she will be attending."

...the blotter rests.

Wayne A. Fox
wayne.a.fox at gmail.com