[Vision2020] Your pal, the Pornographic Preacher, Mark Driscoll

Rosemary Huskey donaldrose at cpcinternet.com
Thu Aug 18 19:55:08 PDT 2011

Warning:  This Email contains material that may be offensive to the reader,
- it certainly is to me.  If you are upset by it, please contact  Doug
Wilson, pastor of Christ Church in Moscow, Mark Driscoll of Mars Hill Church
in Seattle, and/or Ed Eby, pastor of the Nazarene Church in Moscow to thank
them for bringing Mark Driscoll to Moscow thus, to my attention, and
subsequently to the Vision 2020 community.  We all should share in the
blessings that the Kirks offers, don't you think?

Greetings  to Christ Church Elders Dale Courtney, Dr. John Grauke, Matt
Gray, Ed Iverson, Mike Lawyer, Csaba Leidenfrost, Ben Merkle, Jim Nance,
John Sawyer, Wes Struble, Matt Whitling, Gordon Wilson, Doug Wilson, Ed Eby,
pastor of the Nazarene Church in Moscow, and members of the Nazarene Church
in Moscow who might read Vision 2020.

Just wondering, fellas, if the Nazarene Church sanctuary is large enough to
hold the crowd of excited wankers who will be listening avidly while guest
speaker, Mark Driscoll,  wows and delights them at the most recent
incarnation of the Trinity Fest <http://www.graceagenda.com/> ?  Talk about
hitting record lows, this is an Olympic level of depravity even for you and
the Toadies, Doug.

Mr. Eby (I am soooo done addressing you as pastor, after you allowed
convicted serial pedophile Steven Sitler - and his young bride, Katie
Travis, to marry in your church) why in the name of heaven are you welcoming
the Bevis and Butthead
<http://thechristianworldview.com/tcwblog/archives/1640>  of the Reformed
world to preach in your sanctuary?  When are you going to learn that when
you lie down with dogs (Doug's???) you'll come up with fleas? Your decision
to allow Driscoll in your church - as anything but a repentant sinner  -
speaks volumes about the current state of the leadership of the local
Nazarene Church.  Perhaps, although it doesn't seem likely at this point,
you will learn that the money the Kirk pays you for the use of your facility
is a pittance compared to the damage they do to your reputation and the
dignity of your congregation. You don't really think Christ Church elders
give a rat's fanny about you or your flock, do you?  Hint: they don't, your
church building is just convenient.    For those 2020 readers who have never
heard of Mark Driscoll please read the article below by respected,
conservative Christian author and radio host Ingrid Schlueter.

Oh, and Doug, is Mark Driscoll going to be speaking to the ladies group
taught by your wife and daughters, ("Dangerous Women
<https://credenda.wufoo.com/forms/dangerous-women/> ") ?  It seems to me
that the content of his "sermons" are really intended to inspire them to . .
. well, unlike Mark Driscoll, I'll just leave it there.  It is my prayerful
hope that you won't humiliate and embarrass them with his presence.

This most recent dog and pony show proves once again that you and the
Toadies remain a gaggle of pretentious, swaggering, perpetual adolescences
who have not matured one scintilla since your remarkably stupid April Fools
prank <http://www.credenda.org/images/stories/pdf/11-3.pdf> . [scroll down
to page 20, the column called "Rattle and Hum" by Doug Wilson:  third
paragraph beginning "By the time you receive this, our local police will
probably have forgotten all about it, so a little bragging is now safe, and
perhaps it is even in order"  edition: 11 -3 of Doug's self-published
journal Credenda Agenda .]  Now, twelve years later we are offered a dogs
dish of a vision, shriveled-shanked, belly-sagging, gluttonous, gray bearded
(with bits and bobs of breakfast still nestled in amongst the scraggy
hairs), aging old men in button shirts and size 46 Dockers deluding
themselves into believing that they represent splendid patriarchal
specimens to their (have-to-be) submissive wives.  Sad, so sad, while
simultaneously ludicrous.

Rose Huskey

WARNING:  The links to Mars Hill contain explicit  language and
descriptions.  In fact, I am not comfortable posting them.  So, I am going
to do some heavy editing and you will have to go to the original article
link (below) to read the original version.

Rose

Sexpert Pastor Mark Driscoll is Told, 'Enough is Enough'

Contact: Ingrid Schlueter, Co-Host, Crosstalk Radio Talk Show, 414-881-5852,

MEDIA ADVISORY, Jan. 15 /Christian Newswire
<http://www.christiannewswire.com> / -- For years, Pastor Mark Driscoll of
Mars Hill Church in Seattle has styled himself as hip and relevant and
gritty. He's made a name for himself with his irreverence, his ultra-cool
persona and most of all, for his crass discussion of sexual matters. It is
this discussion of sexual matters that is increasingly removing Mr. Driscoll
from the company of Christians who believe he long ago crossed a line of
acceptable conduct for an evangelical pastor.

Pastor Driscoll, in a recent blog post, promotes a website called XXXXXXXX
which features articles on how a Christian wife can turn herself into
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. Driscoll also sees himself as a sex advice
counselor on his Mars Hill Blog, dispensing his recommendations for things
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx. In short, he makes Planned Parenthood
instructional videos look tame.

The fact that this press release is unlikely to make it through Internet
filters speaks for itself. Author and former head of Eagle Forum in
Washington state, Cathy Mickels, issued a press release yesterday
<http://www.christiannewswire.com/news/5479156.html> , decrying the foul
material being passed off in the name of relevant ministry by Mr. Driscoll.
I join Mrs. Mickels in her profound disgust that this pastor has been
legitimized and endorsed by leading Bible teachers like John Piper and Erwin
Lutzer. Driscoll is allowed the platform that he has because Christian
leaders have not said, "enough is enough!" Women are now having to speak up
about the degrading and filthy content of Mr. Driscoll's "ministry."

At a time when American young people are hit in the face with graphic
sexuality in every facet of our culture, the church should be a safe haven
where the sacredness and privacy of the act of marriage is respected by
pastors. Those with sexual issues need to receive private counseling---not
sex seminars in a church auditorium. For generations, Christian pastors have
managed to convey the Scripture's teachings on fornication, adultery and the
beauty of sexuality within marriage without sullying and cheapening it,
Driscoll-style.

Mark Driscoll is a sad product of our times. While waving his orthodox
doctrinal credentials, he has simultaneously embraced the spirit of the age
when it comes to his treatment of sex. In the process, he is pornifying the
church and only adding to the moral squalor of our culture.

http://www.christiannewswire.com/news/56609176.html