[Vision2020] Aug. 4, 2011: Dow looks at 500-point loss; 2011 gains are wiped out

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 14:27:10 PDT 2011

Poor Obama...

If the economy does not improve substantially, his re-election is rather
doubtful... On the upside, I may be misguided in this evaluation, but if
Romney is the republican presidential nominee, I will be far less concerned
about the potential negative impacts of his possible presidency, than I was
regarding W. Bush, who I though before his election, and still think now,
would be and was, a disaster for the US and the world.

DOW, S&P, Nasdaq closing today at:

http://www.bloomberg.com/markets/stocks/

*Market Snapshot <http://www.bloomberg.com/markets/stocks/>*

  Ticker Volume Price Price Delta
Dow<http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/quote?ticker=INDU:IND>
11,383.70 -512.76 -4.31% S&P
500<http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/quote?ticker=SPX:IND>
1,200.07 -60.27 -4.78%
Nasdaq<http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/quote?ticker=CCMP:IND>
2,556.39 -136.68 -5.08%

http://money.msn.com/investing/dow-plummets-market-dispatches.aspx?GT1=33002
 Dow looks 500-point loss; 2011 gains are wiped out

Stocks plunge as worries about global growth are causing traders to dump
stocks and seek safety. Gold briefly tops $1,680 but falls back. Treasury
yields fall as the dollar rises.
Vision2020 Post: Ted Moffett