[Vision2020] Mayor Solves Illegal Parking Problem

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Tue Aug 2 16:43:44 PDT 2011

Courtesy of the Telegraph (UK) at:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/picturegalleries/picturesoftheday/8676838/Pi
ctures-of-the-day-2-August-2011.html

--

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01962/tank-car_1962192i.jpg

This is the incredible moment a frustrated mayor drove an armoured vehicle
over a Mercedes-Benz S-Class parked in a cycle lane. Arturas Zuokas became
infuriated with motorists parking their luxury cars illegally around the
Lithuanian capital of Vilnius. So the 43-year-old politician drove over this
Merc in a Russian tank to set an example. The mayor said: "I've had enough
of these drivers parking their luxury cars on bike lanes and pedestrian
crossings. This tank is a good tool to solve the problem of parking in the
wrong place." We think it was probably a set-up, but we certainly wouldn't
take a chance by parking illegally in Vilnius.

Video of the mayor of Vilnius driving over a parked Mercedes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-fWN0FmcIU

--

Seeya round town, Moscow.

"Corporations are an oppressed minority forced to move headquarters from
state to state in search of friendlier tax codes--sometimes being forced to
live just off our shores in tiny mailboxes."

- John Oliver, The Daily Show