[Vision2020] Economic Benefits of Megaloads?

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sat Apr 23 04:54:16 PDT 2011

Courtesy of today's (April 23, 2011) Moscow-Pullman Daily News with thanks
to Susan Roberts.

Economic benefits of megaloads?

Experience from planning and zoning boards in another state has shown what
looks doable on a map or GPS does not always work on real land contours.
It's important to verify with ground truth.

Our legislators have threatened us with a fine if we protest against
megaloads, because we would impede economic progress in Idaho. Just where
do "economic benefits" to Latah County or Moscow kick in if we are forced
to endure massive disruption to streets and traffic from mega-loads?

Would we even receive money to repair damage to infrastructure?

Susan Roberts, Moscow

Dreys at the CommUNITY Walk, Moscow.

Tom Hansen.
Moscow, Idaho

"The Pessimist complains about the wind, the Optimist expects it to
changeand the Realist adjusts his sails."

 - Unknown