[Vision2020] Say What?

Ron Force rforce2003 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 22 14:40:40 PDT 2011

It's from Paul O'Neil's (Bush's first Treasury Secretary) book The Price of
Loyalty. here's a quote from a review:

In another meeting, this one on tax policy, Vice President Cheney  -- depicted
as the power behind the throne of a disengaged and clueless  president --
proposed a 50 percent cut in the individual tax on  dividends. Mr. O'Neill says
he ''jumped in, arguing sharply that the  government 'is moving toward a fiscal
crisis,' '' pointing out ''what  rising deficits will mean to our economic and
fiscal soundness.''

But Mr. Cheney was uninterested in such goo-goo concerns, Mr.  O'Neill recounts,
quoting him: ''Reagan proved deficits don't matter. We  won the midterms. This
is our due.'' Mr. O'Neill professes he left Mr.  Cheney's office ''in a state of
mild shock.'' He knew Mr. Rove and  others believed this ideology, but ''to hear
it from the vice president  seemed to stop the world turning. The inscrutable
Dick had finally shown  himself.''

 Ron Force
Moscow Idaho USA