[Vision2020] Don Mackin?

Sam Scripter moscowsam at charter.net
Wed Apr 20 20:21:51 PDT 2011

8:18 p.m., Wednesday, April 20, 2011
Moscow

Re: Don Mackin

Does anyone know where Don Mackin and Elizabeth Zinser have been living
since
Zinser's retirement as President of Southern Oregon University in
Ashland, Oregon?

I've been trying to track down news on Don's death of today or last
night, but there
is nothing right now in either the Medford Mail Tribune or in the
Ashland Daily
Tidings. So maybe they have been living somewhere else?

My daughter called me with the sad news about half an hour ago.

I served on Moscow Planning and Zoning with Don [I think], then he went
on to the City
Council, and Mayor, then became an Idaho State Senator, and eventually
married UI's
President.

He was a good man. My time serving Moscow under Don was good time.

Quite a loss, I am sure, to his family members and acquaintances.

Sam Scripter
Moscow