[Vision2020] Highway 12 at Lolo Pass

Kenneth Marcy kmmos1 at frontier.com
Tue Apr 19 07:56:57 PDT 2011

On Tuesday 19 April 2011 05:57:09 Janesta wrote:
> Good Heavens. You all still have snow???
>
> *brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr*

A few random flakes of snow were falling in Moscow yesterday as people mailed
their annual love notes to the US Treasury-Internal Revenue Service, and there
was frost covering the vehicles in the parking lot in Moscow this morning.

Weather patterns are too complex, variable, and recently unstable to think
about seasonal name shifting -- a seasonal saving time analogous to daylight
savings time. We can't just move the start of summer forward three weeks on
the calendar on tax day in mid-April and then backward three weeks on spooks'
day at the end of October so we can call it summer saving season. No, the fall
weather likely won't cooperate for another "spring forward, fall back."

Ken