[Vision2020] Idaho Parents and Teachers Together

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Tue Apr 12 08:14:53 PDT 2011

Courtesy of  Idaho Parents and Teachers Together at:

http://idahoparentsandteachers.com/

Students Come First? Really?

We are a grassroots group that organized very recently in response to the
drastic cuts and changes that State Superintendent of Schools Tom Luna has
proposed for Idaho schools beginning with the 2011-2012 school year.

We are parents of Idaho schoolchildren who are working to persuade the
state Legislature to reject Superintendent Luna’s Public Schools Budget
and Reform Proposal, which he has misleadingly named “Students Come
First.” We believe that this plan puts students—and parents, teachers, and
school administrators—dead last.

We are businesspeople, teachers, doctors, lawyers, stay-at-home moms and
dads, nurses, university professors, public employees, high-tech
workers—people from all walks of life who have one thing in common: We
love our children and believe that they deserve excellent schools, and
that Idaho needs excellent schools to grow its economy and attract good
jobs.

Idaho Parents and Teachers Together Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Idaho-Parents-and-Teachers-Together/192825817399131?ref=ts&v=wall

Seeya round town, Moscow.

"The Pessimist complains about the wind, the Optimist expects it to
changeand the Realist adjusts his sails."

 - Unknown