[Vision2020] Fw: Tom Trail Loses Chairmanship of House Agriculture Committee

Bill London london at moscow.com
Thu Apr 7 16:14:52 PDT 2011

Tom Trail may want to continue as the Republican Representative but he faces
a vindictive and mean-spirited party that has been hijacked by extremist
conservatives.  Trail is increasingly marginalized -- now he was dumped from
the one lowly chairmanship he was given.
The Republican hard-cores have already targeted Trail in their plan to
purify the party.  They have changed the rules governing how we vote in
primaries to make it easier to dump moderates like Trail.
The combination of those two elements (1- frozen out of power in Boise, and
2 - changing rules to increase party purity) means its very unlikely Trail
will survive the next primary.  Sad.  BL