[Vision2020] Krugman: The Truth, Still Inconvenient

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 6 19:38:56 PDT 2011

It depends.  The cure might just be worse than the disease.  Say we as a
country manage to curb our emissions over the next 50 years or so, but
hurt our economy in the process.  Well, China and India will still be
belching out CO2 at an alarming rate and the CO2 we've already put into
the atmosphere will mostly still be there.  We'll end up in the same
place more or less as if we didn't curb our emissions, and we'll have a
much weaker economy to deal with the threats as they happen.  It seems
smarter to me to put our money into emergency preparedness, really boost
that to the next level.  Even if the worst parts of global warming don't
happen, we'll still be prepared for the disasters that will happen anyway.

Paul