[Vision2020] ID Senate: "Spurious" is an "Exceptional Word" (was RE: "Uterus" a Bad Word?)

Saundra Lund v2020 at ssl1.fastmail.fm
Tue Apr 5 10:54:50 PDT 2011

I dunno if FL Republicans know what a uterus is, but this story reminds me
of the ID Republicans (you know, the ones who've done everything they can to
gut education) who apparently don't know what "spurious" means:

http://voices.idahostatesman.com/2011/03/24/idahopolitics/idaho_senate_democ
rats_protest_cuts_higher_education_republicans

OR

http://tinyurl.com/Statesman-Popkey-3-24-2011

Werk and Senate Majority Leader Bart Davis, R-Idaho Falls, each debated the
bill three times. At one point, Davis objected to Werk's use of the word
"spurious" in describing an argument made by Davis. Davis said "spurious" is
a violation of the Senate rule against "exceptional language."

President Pro Tem Brent Hill, R-Rexburg, advised Werk, "Please be careful in
your debate." Werk said he meant no offense and would not repeat the word.

Davis said the minority party has the luxury of opposing spending bills
necessary to balance the budget. "They can demand money for everything and
everyone and not have to live with the consequences," Davis said. "They get
to nip at the heels of the majority. It is not fun (passing lower budgets)."

It's ironic, don't you think, that a word like "spurious" is "exceptional
language" while Davis' rant against all ID Democrat Senators isn't?

But, I don't suppose we should be surprised.  I mean, this is Idaho, where
the majority party (although not all of the individual members) has no shame
about dishonestly claiming "fiscal responsibility" was the motive behind
getting rid of the driver's training subsidy for our kids when the reality
is that it was nothing more than:  1) yet another attempt to penalize the
kids from lower- and middle-income families; and 2) a completely transparent
attempt - transparent, at least, to those of us with brains - to line the
wallets of the private sector driving schools of questionable quality at the
expense of the same lower- and middle-income working families this state has
historically had no shame about screwing.

<shaking my head>

Saundra Lund

Moscow, ID

nothing.

~ Edmund Burke

***** Original material contained herein is Copyright 2011 through life plus
70 years, Saundra Lund.  Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce outside
author.*****