[Vision2020] Proof Positive the ID GOP Doesn't Care About ChildrenOnce They're Out of The Womb

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 3 09:59:49 PDT 2011

On 04/03/2011 08:30 AM, Joe Campbell wrote:
> I wish Wilson would share his ideas with even more people as I wish
> that you would. I have told you to bring this up on a street corner in
> Spokane but you won't do it. I honestly wish that you and Wilson would
> start this conversation on a street corner in Newark, New Jersey since
> that appears to be the only way that you might get a sense of how
> enraged folks are to consider this a debatable conversation, how
> callous you are about basic human emotions.

If I shared my views of slavery on a street corner in Spokane, I doubt
anyone would be upset by them.  My views on slavery are pretty normal,
really.  Simply put, "don't do it".  I could see lots of people getting
enraged if Doug did so, but I really wish they wouldn't.

> If I call you "fat" I'm not really trying to have a conversation with
> you. I'm not really trying to convince you of my point of view. I'm
> trying to insult you, hurt your feelings and that is it.
>
> Wilson and others who "debate" about this topic are not, in my
> opinion, trying to discourse. They are trying to enrage. I don't want
> to part of that crap. You don't seem to mind enraging people in the
> name of free speech. Fine. I only ask that you do it more often and
> not with me.

Have I been angering you?  I suggest you cultivate the ability to have
discourse on a subject without becoming emotionally involved with it.
The next step after that is to entertain the opposing side's views on
the subject as an intellectual exercise.  I'm no expert in this, but I
do try.  That's why I think your "say *that* on a street corner in New
Jersey and see how it works out" test is measuring the wrong thing.
It's measuring how quick to anger New Jersey residents are.  That says
nothing about the value of the subject itself.

In fact, if I had three wishes, one would be to grant everyone the
ability to look at topics dispassionately.  Then people like Rush
Limbaugh and Michael Savage would not get any traction.

Paul