[Vision2020] More Ghaddafi Gulch insanity

Kenneth Marcy kmmos1 at frontier.com
Sat Apr 2 13:06:37 PDT 2011

On Saturday 02 April 2011 08:48:19 Sunil Ramalingam wrote:
> Roger,
>
> Isn't it meaningless for you to say "Train your own kids," when Idaho law
> requires a class for drivers under 17?

It is inappropriate to suggest that access to Idaho driver education for
under-age persons be made more unequal. Some parents are not drivers, some
parents are forbidden from driving, some parents have only vehicles not fit for
driver education usage, and last, but certainly not least, some parents are
not appropriate teachers for drivers education for anyone, perhaps especially
their own children. A well-trained, competent, experienced teacher using
roadworthy vehicles matched for the driving conditions should be minimum
requirements for driver education classes regardless whether taught by school
teachers or private instructors.

> You say "Fees are too high." The Republican party-line vote will make these
> classes MORE expensive, and maintains the requirement these drivers take a
> class.

Quite aside from the violation of the spirit of Idaho constitution Article IX,
Section 1, which states:

Section 1. Legislature to establish system of free schools. The stability of a
republican form of government depending mainly upon the intelligence of the
people, it shall be the duty of the legislature of Idaho, to establish and
maintain a general, uniform and thorough system of public, free common
schools.

and further aside from the perpetual performance of policies enabling private
profits with respect to necessary public goods,

and further aside from the oxymoronic hypocrisies of the state government
operating "state of the art" product delivery distribution channels for the
national liquor industry, and paying for the operation of incarceration
facilities used, in part, for housing habitual alcoholics who operate vehicles
while under the influence of said state-delivered liquors, while at the same
time making access to driver education less available and more expensive,

and further aside from the life-long aggravation of a northern Idaho resident
who has yet to see the north-south goat trail developed into a modern, fully-
functional, four-lane intra-state transportation corridor,

having just made another payment to an insurance company for automobile
policies to cover my own driving, I am not in any particular mood to think
about the increasing possibility that insurance companies may wake up and
notice the on-going aggressive behavior of the Idaho legislature toward its
citizens and decide to raise insurance rates in Idaho, which are now among the
lowest in the nation, to cover the greater risk of increasing craziness among
the Idaho population resulting from the attacks emanating from Ghaddafi Gulch.

Ken