[Vision2020] UI: Air Charter Service Contract Question

Saundra Lund v2020 at ssl.fastmail.fm
Mon Sep 20 13:00:59 PDT 2010

Visionaries:

I was trying to read through some State Board of Education materials, and I
came across the following agenda item from the May 19-20, 2010 meeting:

http://www.boardofed.idaho.gov/meetings/board/current_year/05_19_10/agenda.p
df

Wednesday, May 19, 2010, 8:00 a.m., Boise State University, Stueckle Sky
Center, Boise Idaho

BUSINESS AFFAIRS & HUMAN RESOURCES (Open Meeting)

8:00 am University of Idaho - Air Charter Service Contract

I'm wondering if anyone here knows anything about that?  I'm assuming it
must be for athletics, but I don't know and I'm curious.  I've asked a few
friends at the UI and elsewhere, and the people I've asked are as uninformed
and curious as am I about this.

Unfortunately, there are no Minutes for that meeting available yet.  I don't
know why that is because it seems to me those Minutes should have been
approved at either the June 16-17 or the August 11-12 regular meetings.
Obviously, timely access to information is important to the public.

In the "old" days (pre-UI Counsel Kent Nelson & his "I don't' care what
Idaho Public Records law says - I'll do things how I want" attitude), I
could have simply asked the UI about the air charter service contract and
received a timely answer.  These days, however, the UI is more interested in
throwing up roadblocks & extracting money from those interested in
transparency and accountability than in answering what should be simple
straightforward questions.  <sigh>  That's a puzzle to me, too, in light of
the UI's recent troubled history where an absence of transparency and
accountability were seemingly recognized to be significant problems.

Anyway, if anyone knows anything about the Air Charter Service Contract, I'd
be appreciative.

TIA,

Saundra Lund

Moscow, ID

nothing.

~ Edmund Burke

***** Original material contained herein is Copyright 2010 through life plus
70 years, Saundra Lund.  Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce outside
author.*****