[Vision2020] Frontier (was Verizon) DSL

Saundra Lund v2020 at ssl.fastmail.fm
Wed Sep 15 20:11:12 PDT 2010

Hi Kit,

Unfortunately, what email settings you need to set up seems to depend on
what part of Frontier's Web site you wind up at!

http://new.frontier.com/Residential/Email/FAQ/
What is Frontier's incoming mail server?
pop3.frontier.com

What is Frontier's outgoing mail server?
smtp.frontier.com

Other areas in Frontier's Web site set for Moscow, ID 83843 show Verizon's
settings being used:
http://www.ncnetwork.net/ResidentialHelp/HighSpeed/Email/Troubleshooting/Que
stionsOne/86782.htm

I'm not sure, but it looks like perhaps Frontier isn't blocking outbound
port 25?

Interesting about your client -- we've not heard anything more about the
email migration, so your report is the first local one I've heard of someone
actually being migrated.  Can you find out if the notification process was
as sucky as it sounded (one week notice, and logon credentials &
instructions not send until the actual day)?  One of the complaints I've
heard from other areas is about the lack of advance notice, so I'm wondering
if it's really going to be as bad as it sounds.  It doesn't matter much to
me since I quit using Verizon's email addy over a year ago, but my dh is
pretty annoyed about having to change his email addy.

HTH,
Saundra