[Vision2020] As Our City Council Rolls Over and Plays Dead

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Sep 8 08:22:37 PDT 2010

Greetings Visionaires (and everybody else) -

Remember back on August 16th when a couple concerned citizens spoke before
the Moscow City Council regarding Conoco's intention to transport several
excessive loads (in excess of 200 tons each and 30+ feet in width) on
Highway 12 . . .  and explained (in detail) how this would have an
extremely adverse impact upon the Palouse in general and Moscow in
particular?

http://www.moscowcares.com/081610_PubCom_Hwy12Res.htm

Like me. I am certain that many of you felt that our city council would
speak up and adopt (or, at least, discuss) a resolution denouncing the
possibility of such an activity, void of any concern for the affected
communities, taking place . . . WRONG!

At approximately 7:15 PM on the evening of September 7th, the Moscow City
Council redefined "gutless".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gs2EHXOxFSg

One thing we have learned from this experience . . .

Both "Wayne" and "whimp" are five letters in length and strat with the
letter "W".  Coincidence?  I wonder.

This city council defies medical science in that each of them walk erect
without the benefit of a backbone.

File last night's city council session under "Lessons Learned", and . . .

Stay tuned, Moscow.

and the Realist adjusts his sails."

- Unknown