[Vision2020] Lt. Col. Denied Obama's Birth Certificatr

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Mon Sep 6 07:48:57 PDT 2010

Courtesy of the Army Times.

Lt. col. denied Obama’s certificate

A military judge refused to order the release of records that could
include a copy of President Obama’s birth certificate.

The documents were sought by an Army doctor, Lt. Col. Terrence Lakin, who
is being court-mar­tialed for disobeying a deployment order because he
doubts Obama’s qualifi­cations to serve as com­mander in chief.

The judge at Fort Meade, Md., on Sept. 2 ruled that those records and any
other evidence or witnesses per­taining to Obama’s birth are not relevant
to the case and will not be admitted.

Prosecutors have argued that Obama’s birth certifi­cate shouldn’t be part
of the case, especially since the order for Lakin to deploy to Afghanistan
didn’t come directly from the president.

But Lakin’s lawyer has argued that if Obama isn’t a natural-born citizen,
any military order given under his administration is unlawful. The judge,
Army Col. Denise Lind, called that “an erroneous view of the law.” Lakin’s
lawyer has vowed to appeal the ruling.

Lakin is charged with five offenses and faces more than 3½ years in prison
if convict­ed of refusing orders to deploy this spring to Af­ghanistan for
a second tour.

How does that quote go?

Oh, yes . . .

"Don't do the crime if you can't do the time."

Seeya round town, Moscow.

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend
the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and
domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that
I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the
orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the
Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

- United States Army Oath of Enlistment