[Vision2020] Feeling the need to be patronized?

Art Deco deco at moscow.com
Sat Oct 30 10:54:38 PDT 2010

A copy of my comment posted on the Daily News website.

The stance taken in this editorial shows why the DN's news coverage of Postcardgate has been one-sided, biased, and lacked critical attempts to seek and to verify relevant information.

Like others, I'd hope that the advent of Lee Rozen would have brought more professionalism, objectivity, investigatory search for facts, and less "he said, she said" journalism to the Daily News.  The DN coverage (and LMT coverage by David Johnson) of this election has certainly greatly lowered my expectations of Rozen and his publisher, Nathan Alford.

Had the paper done it's job we would now know  about the political extremism of Gresham Bouma, how his crackpot, hate-ridden religious beliefs affect his political views, and how little knowledge he has of how state government actually works.

We might also know, if the DN had done its job, that many people, including many Republicans, would bet that there is at least an even chance, if not a greater chance, that Postcardgate was perpetrated by a Bouma supporter.

When the media fails, democracy fails.

Wayne A. Fox
1009 Karen Lane
PO Box 9421