[Vision2020] Feeling the need to be patronized?

Sue Hovey suehovey at moscow.com
Sat Oct 30 09:38:05 PDT 2010

As one of the "chattering class to the left of center,"  it's quite a
stretch the editor would interpret our concerns over the Republican no-shows
as, "the end of democracy in Latah County."  I don't believe that, and
certainly it was never even implied--that's the editor's take.    Mr.
Rozen's spin over our conversation is silly on the one hand and patronizing
on the other.  There was a concern, one we thought the paper might want to
address, the conversation was friendly, and I thought the editor was going
to mull it over and respond or not.  That was fine.  The point was made. The
resulting editorial leads me to believe that somewhere along the line Mr.
Rozen matriculated from the Spiro Agnew, "natttering nabobs of negativism,"
school of journalism.

Sue Hovey