[Vision2020] Ten Commandments?

Joe Campbell philosopher.joe at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 17:02:49 PDT 2010

I was going to ask the same thing as Bob, aka the "troublemaker."
Similar questions about "Thou shalt not lie." Is "lie" the right
translation or does it cover deception, too? Also, is it the case that
the first 4 are often combined into 2? And do different denominations
have different lists? And is it OK to covet my neighbor's car? I live
next to Tom Lamar and he just has a Subaru. But once I lived next to a
guy with a Mustang! Now I'm sounding like a troublemaker!

All kidding aside, it isn't the "fundamentalists" that follow the ten
commandments that bother me so much. It's the one's who don't follow
them yet try to make it seem as if "Thou shalt not be gay," etc. are
on the list when it isn't. Like the guy who says his name is "Glenn
Schwaller" when it isn't and likes to lecture folks on their morals.
Holy crap!