[Vision2020] Postcardgate [LONG]

Dickow dickow at turbonet.com
Sat Oct 23 17:30:55 PDT 2010

I've just got to play devil's advocate...

[WARNING: People with jobs or have actual responsibilites or are short on time should avoid reading this posting.]

> Gresham Bouma’s situation got me thinking about false religions.

Any religion that is not my religion is a false religion. When I was an active Catholic, I could get stuck in purgatory after my death for a gazillion years (or more...but who's counting at that point?) if I but set foot in some other denomination's church on Sunday. That's because anything other than the Catholic Church is a false religion. At least that's what we were taught when I was a kid. But.. doesn't that seem silly?

> I know I may not be too popular with some of you for my stance, but I
> think Bouma’s Freeze Community Church is as dangerous to America as
> the infiltration of our society by Islam and Sharia Law.

Infiltration? Now... you don't really believe that do you? By the way, what about belief in Bokonon? I think we'd better investigate the rising tide of Bokononism. And just why do they call it the 'Freeze' Church? Do they have a stash of that Ice-9 stuff or something? Pretty suspicious if you ask me.

> Bouma says that his campaign is not a political gathering, but a call
> to return to God and His Laws, the Laws that this nation was founded
> on. On the surface, a Christian could hardly be opposed to that call.

Yeah. Thank God he only has about 10 laws, which will simplify many of our court decisions. I say AT LEAST 10 laws because, according to Mel Brooks in The History of The World Part I, there were more laws, but Moses accidentally broke the third stone tablet after descending Mt. Sinai.]

> But what god is Bouma calling America to return to? Certainly he’s not
> calling us to return to the God of the bible.

People of faith will recognize that we never left God. He is just in 'standby' mode. Push the play button again and God will be back with us in full.

> Bouma’s god was once a human being just like you or I.

Uh oh... then we really are doomed.

He just THINKS we serve the same God (oh... be sure capitalize God when you refer to X73&S@#$ (name changed to avoid being struck by lighning)). I think the god some folks worship in the conservative party is named with a single symbol, the $ (dollar) sign. So, there are other gods out there that are worthy of our prasie, especially when those sales are announced at Walmart. (to be fair, I've know some Democrats and Independents who also praised the $).

> I am appalled at the number of Christians who follow Bouma’s pastor,
> Lloyd Knerr,

People follow when they hear stuff they want to hear, that affirms their fears and hopes.But I thought that Lord Knerr's religion or church is non-denomination. Are atheists welcome there, by the way?

> If you think a man’s religion doesn’t make any difference, the day
> will come when you will realize that you have been sadly mistaken.

That's why Bokononism is the only way to go. Trust me on that one. I'm really not sure about Catholicism these days.

> I would guess that 90% of those who attend Bouma’s non-denominational
> Freeze Community Church would call themselves Christian. If that’s
> true, the church in America today is in greater danger than I ever
> believed.

What is 'the church' in America? I hope our citizens still recognize that we welcome all religions. There is no 'the church'. Unless of course, the reference is to the Catholic church. Then... ok.

> The true Jesus says that in the last days, many will be deceived. I
> pray that you will not be one of them.

But... this suggests that we are now in 'the last days.' Huh? I keep hearing that. In fact, I have trouble counting how many times I've lived through the predicted end of the World. Well, I suppose, philosophically speaking, we are forever in 'the last days'. How long are 'the last days?' I million years? 3 billion years? When is the sun going to explode anyway? I forget. God... I lose sleep just thinking about that... when the sun explodes. It's going to, you know. Any time now. And, by God, I'm a Catholic, so I'll be ready.

Bob Dickow, troublemaker

P.S. You were warned.