[Vision2020] Noon whistle

Carl Westberg idahovandal1 at live.com
Thu Oct 21 14:09:38 PDT 2010

Apropos of absolutely nothing, I just now realized that it's been, like, forever since I've heard the Moscow noon whistle.  That subtle little siren that caused every dog between Moscow and Cleveland to howl for the next twenty minutes, and send those of us with memories of being in school during the Cuban missile crisis diving under the nearest available desk.  And reminding me, during my incredibly mediocre stint in college that it was probably time to get out bed.  With my powers of observation, the noon whistle hasn't blown in Moscow since 1973, but I just now got around to realizing it.