[Vision2020] postcard response

Bill London london at moscow.com
Mon Oct 18 11:46:24 PDT 2010

Here is a response from Dan Schmidt (Democratic candidate for state senator from Latah County) to the dirty trick postcard.
BL

  A mailing such as this could turn the idea of public service sour. I respect any one who enters the public arena openly, honestly, as I believe Mr. Bouma has been in his campaign. To play on
   peoples fears and prejudices is wrong. It distracts from the important issues that can clearly inform the electorate; our stands on schools, the economy and the role of government.
  This sort of behavior actually inspired me to consider this run for State Senate. I watched the Senate campaign two years ago and saw how falsehoods were widely used. The misrepresentation of the late Sheldon Vincenti and his intentions for the Law School were vile and dishonest. I did not want to be represented by people responsible for such in the legislature.
  My heart goes out to Mr. Bouma, his family and his church community. Let us move forward on the campaign. Let us avoid these hateful distractions and instead let the electorate know who we really are and what we stand for so they can vote informed on Nov 2nd.

   Dan J Schmidt