[Vision2020] Candidates and religion

Rosemary donaldrose at cpcinternet.com
Thu Oct 14 13:34:44 PDT 2010

I will not comment on the particular theological/doctrinal understanding
that Lloyd Knerr and the congregation of Freeze Community Church embrace.
However, it is fair to evaluate the odious, ignorant, inaccurate,  rhetoric
that falls into the category of generalized rambling from the pulpit.  That
an attentive, reflective adult would support Mr. Kneer's self-identified
"pea-brained" thinking by worshipping under his spiritual leadership tells
me all I need to know about Mr. Bouma's  critical thinking skills.   Mr.
Bouma's pastor, Lloyd Knerr, offers the following about the spiritual
characteristics necessary in our elected officials.  The bolding is mine and
not in the original document.

"That's why a person's religion is so important when you're deciding who to
vote for.  Every decision a person makes ought to be influenced by his
understanding of who God is and what He teaches. If the problems of this
nation are spiritual, and they are, then we need Christian men and women in
places of influence to correct them.  A person's understanding of who God is
and his relationship to Him is the most important item on his resume."
Jonah 3  http://www.freezechurch.org/page11.html

Tell me, Wayne, would you like a big, fat helping of this kind of thinking
representing you?  Until Mr. Bouma disassociates himself from the vitriol
flowing from Freeze Community Church he just isn't a viable choice for our
legislature.

Rose Huskey