[Vision2020] Quiz Answers

Ron Force rforce2003 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 9 19:47:49 PDT 2010

Answers:

1. b. Deuteronomy 22:21.

2. a. Koran, 2:256. But other sections of the Koran do describe coercion.

3. c. Most early suicide bombings were by Tamil Hindus (some secular) in Sri
Lanka and India.

4. c. Koran. Islam teaches that Jesus was a prophet to be revered.

5. All of the above.

6. c. Other parts of the New and Old Testaments object to homosexuality, but
there’s no indication of Jesus’ views.

7. c. Koran, 41:34. Jesus says much the same thing in different words.

8. b. Amos 9:7

9. all of them

10. all of these. Muhammad’s Jewish wife was seized in battle, which undermines
the spirit of the gesture. By some accounts he had a second Jewish wife as well.

11. a. Psalm 137

12. a. Koran 4:34

13. b. St. Paul, both in 1 Corinthians 14 and 1 Timothy 2, but many scholars
believe that neither section was actually written by Paul.

And yes, the point of this little quiz is that religion is more complicated than
it sometimes seems, and that we should be wary of rushing to inflammatory
conclusions about any faith, especially based on cherry-picking texts. The most
crucial element is perhaps not what is in our scriptures, but what is in our
hearts.