[Vision2020] "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" Report Released

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Tue Nov 30 11:38:04 PST 2010

Greetings Visionaires -

Courtesy of the Defense Department's "Report of the Comprehensive Review
of the Issues Associated with a Repeal of 'Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell' at:

http://www.defense.gov/home/features/2010/0610_gatesdadt/DADTReport_FINAL_20101130(secure-hires).pdf

"Based on all we saw and heard, our assessment is that, when coupled with
the prompt implementation of the recommendations we offer below, the risk
of repeal of Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell to overall military effectiveness is
low. We conclude that, while a repeal of Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell will
likely, in the short term, bring about some limited and isolated
disruption to unit cohesion and retention, we do not believe this
disruption will be widespread or long-lasting, and can be adequately
addressed by the recommendations we offer below. Longer term, with a
continued and sustained commitment to our core values of leadership,
professionalism, and respect for all, we are convinced that the U.S.
military can adjust and accommodate this change, just as it has others in
history."

That light at the end of the tunnel is not an oncoming train after all.

Seeya round town, Moscow.

and the Realist adjusts his sails."

- Unknown