[Vision2020] Poaching Letter: Real or Hoax

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Nov 17 06:08:09 PST 2010

Courtesy of today's (November 17, 2010) Spokesman-Review.

Anonymous letter boasts of poaching

A taunting letter, purportedly written by a poacher, has sparked an
investigation by Idaho Department of Fish and Game’s law enforcement
officials.

On Nov. 12, the agency received an expletive-laced anonymous letter that
read: “Here is a picture of the nice buck I poached up in northern Idaho
this year.
 I plan to do all my Idaho hunting like this from now on.

I’ll send a picture of my nice pronghorn next. Also my turkey.”

The return address was listed as “Poacher X” and the letter had an Everett
postmark.

At this point, it’s unclear whether the letter is real or a hoax, said
Nils Nokkentved, a Fish and Game spokesman.

Anyone with information about the letter should call the Citizen’s Against
Poaching hot line at (800) 632-5999. Callers may remain anonymous and may
be eligible for a reward.

Let's hope that Washington auhorities have better luck identifying this
perpetrator than our own local authorities in identifying the perpetrator
of Postcardgate.

December 1st is only 14 days away, Moscow . . .

"Be a Hero"
http://www.MoscowCares.com/Hero

Seeya round town, Moscow.

and the Realist adjusts his sails."