[Vision2020] A day of both bad and good

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun Nov 14 13:57:14 PST 2010

Thank you, Mr. Crabtree, for restoring my faith in what I feel has always
been the common bond in all of us . . . the helping hand.

Gary Crabtree has illustrated, by selfless example, the sense of community
conscience, one hand washing the other.

Thanks, Gary.  Your act, coupled with contributions by the Boy Scouts and
a Troy High School teacher, is not only appreciated by those served by the
Sojourners' Alliance Troy Food Bank and Thrift Store, but further instills
pride in our community.

Thanks,

On Sun, November 14, 2010 1:24 pm, Darrell Keim wrote:
> Kudos for Gary Crabtree and the rest.  Including the fine Troy store
> volunteers.
>
> On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 1:10 PM, Bev Bafus <bevbafus at frontier.com> wrote:
>
>>  Yesterday, I went out to Sojourners' Alliance Troy Food Bank and Thrift
>> Store to meet the Boy Scouts, and receive the food they had gathered.
>>
>> On arriving at the Food Bank, I discovered that the building had been
>> broken into, and the money was stolen from the Thift Store.  In
>> addition,
>> (and this makes me the maddest) several of the coats that had been
>> donated
>> to "Coats for Kids" had been stolen.
>>
>> Instead of spending a couple of hours sorting food, I spent time with
>> the
>> Latah Sheriff's Department, and spent time figuring out what else had
>> been
>> stolen.
>>
>> The staff and I felt very violated when we realized that a set of keys
>> the store had also been stolen.
>>
>> Luckily, the good far outweighed the bad yesterday.  One phone call to
>> Gary
>> Crabtree of the Lock Shop, and he was out, re-keyed our locks, and
>> didn't
>> charge a dime.
>>
>> The Boy Scouts brought in 1,000 pounds of food.
>>
>> One of the teachers at Troy High School brought nearly 100 pounds of
>> food
>> the school had gathered.
>>
>> Customers of the store that day, when told what had happened, and why we
>> didn't have change, almost unanimously said to keep the change.
>>
>> And people have already offered to replace the coats.
>>
>> So whoever the moron is who decided that they needed to steal from the
>> hungry and homeless - you are far outnumbered by good people in Latah
>> County.
>>
>> Bev Bafus

>>  List services made available by First Step Internet,
>>               http://www.fsr.net