[Vision2020] Dueling Languages (was: Alaska vote count)

Kenneth Marcy kmmos1 at frontier.com
Thu Nov 11 12:25:37 PST 2010

On Thursday 11 November 2010 11:24:34 Tom Hansen wrote:
> Ralph Nielsen stated:
>
> "I think you forgot the 'v' sound, Ken. For some odd reason the Polish
> language uses "w" instead of 'v'. So  should be pronounced
> Murkovski, like another well known Slavic name, Tchaikovsky. All the other
> . . . "
>
> And to complicate things even more . . .
>
> Just what did Lewis Carroll mean by:
>
> "`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
> Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
> All mimsy were the borogoves,
> And the mome raths outgrabe."

On average, those who traverse to the poem's end can separate spelt from
spilth, and are not so close to mean as to cling to the median and demand
their road portion from the center, leaving for other travelers gravel along
shoulders.

> If Jabberwocky were made into a movie, just what rating would it get?
>
> Inquiring minds gotta know.

One suspects body language would rank above literary language, with
undulations and ululations over perorations and machinations.

Ken