[Vision2020] Alaska vote count

Saundra Lund v2020 at ssl.fastmail.fm
Wed Nov 10 21:23:32 PST 2010

Oh, come on, Chuck - didn't you get the memo from the Republican Tea Party?
While they used to demand educational be pretty much confined to the Three
R's (often to the exclusion of all other subjects except religion), it's now
considered "elitist" to notice poor spelling or to question/notice the use
of non-existent words, particularly by politicians.  And, I'm sure, by
lawyers, too.  So much for the reading & 'riting part.

They clearly don't care about the 'rithmitic part anymore, either, as
evidenced by their crazy notion that tax cuts don't cost anything or need to
be paid for.  <shaking my head>

OTOH, the use of "spelt" by Miller's lawyers may simply be an attempt to
help jump-start "taking America back" to the days of our founding fathers.

I'm not sure we should expect anything different from the lawyer of a man
who wants to do away with the Department of Education, among other things,
because he thinks local control works better.

Personally, I completely reject the notion that the quality of a child's
education rely on the luck of geography when local control of education
absent oversight has shown time & again that it's definitely not immune from
crack pottery, but I digress.

The use of "spelt" by Miller's attorney is just what we should expect.

Oops . . . there I go showing elitism!  Since I benefitted from excellent
primary education in Oklahoma, Texas, and California, it's pretty
challenging for me to ignore the stuff the Republican Tea Party wants me to
ignore.

Saundra Lund

Moscow, ID

nothing.

~ Edmund Burke

***** Original material contained herein is Copyright 2010 through life plus
70 years, Saundra Lund.  Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce outside
author.*****