[Vision2020] [video link added] Re: Mega-Load Update

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Mon Nov 8 16:43:22 PST 2010

Wayne Price suggests:

"The message that the voters sent to IDT, and IDT's  ultimate "Boss", the
Governor, is that they are happy with the operations of state government,
including the IDT. If they weren't, then the incumbent government,
including the Governor, would have been show the door, and a new
government would be taking its place in January. It wasn't and the people
of the state of Idaho have spoken."

What a bunch of bunk, Mr. Price. On June 28th of this year, ITD and Conoco
began a series of presentations; one in Moscow, one in Lewiston, and one
in Kooskia.

Originally these "presentations" were to be nothing more than JUST that;
presentations, something comparable to high school career day.

I was there on June 28th and approached the ITD and Conoco representatives
about video-taping what I thought was going to be a "townhall meeting".
They ingormed me that the presentations were to be nothing more than what
I desctribed earlier.

Upon their arrival I passed this information onto Nick Gier and Rep. Tom
Trail.  Tom Trail hot-footed it to the ITD and Conoco representatives.
Their discussion was a bit heated (to put it mildly).

In the end, the Moscow presentation took on the aura of a townhall
meeting, as it should.  Needless to say, the people in attendance at that
meeting were NOT happy.

http://moscowcares.com/highway12/ITDmtg_062810.htm

At the Lewiston meeting, those in attendance were advised that there WOULD
NOT be a Q&A session to the Conoco/ITD presentation.

The meeting in Kooskia was cancelled altogether.

Now, tell us again how the people of Idaho are satisfied with the way this
was handled.

As far as Governor Otter being re-elected . . . it was NOT as a result of
the topic of the Highway 12 megaloads.  Governor Otter never expressed his
opinion publicly one way or the other.  He was too DAMN busy with his
"Capital for a Day" program, where he and his entourage went from city to
city discussing topics of the day.

In fact, at one stop (Jerome, Idaho), Governor Otter disrupted a wedding
reception for his "Capital for a Day" program.

http://www.tomandrodna.com/stuff/Countdown_102510_WMV.wmv

Governor Otter is a MAJOR eye-sore in Idaho, proving that a hatrack can be
elected governor in Idaho, provided that the hatrack is registered
Republican.

Seeya round town, Moscow.

and the Realist adjusts his sails."

- Unknown