[Vision2020] discharging firearms

Ron Force rforce2003 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 5 16:00:20 PDT 2010

Moscow municipal ordinance doesn't allow you discharge firearms (with some
exceptions):

Sec. 3-3. Discharge of Weapons
Prohibited.
It shall be unlawful for any person,unless authorized pursuant to Idaho Code
Title 18, Chapter 33, to discharge firearms or weapons of any kind or
description within the City; this Code Section shall include hand guns, rifles,
pellet guns, air rifles, BB guns, sling shots, flippers, bows and arrows, and
other projectiles; providing, however, that this Code Section shall not apply to
law enforcement officers in the discharge of their duties.
(Ord. 84-18, 8/20/84)

[What's a flipper? No one seems to know:
http://volokh.com/posts/1239655427.shtml]

You can Google Idaho Code Title 18, Chapter 33 to read through the voluminous
Idaho Law on the topic.

Here's the Idaho Constitution:
Idaho - 1890

SECTION 11.  RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS. The people have the right to keep and
bear arms, which right shall not be abridged; but this provision shall not
prevent the passage of laws to govern the carrying of weapons concealed on the
person nor prevent passage of legislation providing minimum sentences for crimes
committed while in possession of a firearm, nor prevent the passage of
legislation providing penalties for the possession of firearms by a convicted
felon, nor prevent the passage of any legislation punishing the use of a
firearm.  No law shall impose licensure, registration or special taxation on the
ownership or possession of firearms or ammunition. Nor shall any law permit the
confiscation of firearms, except those actually used in the commission of a
felony.

Ron Force
Moscow Idaho USA