[Vision2020] Latah County Needs to Follow the Rest of Idaho [not my title]

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Nov 4 09:43:21 PDT 2010

Courtesy of the Letters section of today's (November 4, 2010)
Moscow-Pullman Daily News with dubious recognition to Randall Driskell.

Latah County Needs to Follow the Rest of Idaho

Hey Latah County, the rest of us in the state decided to "wait a Minnick
and move on to Labrador." Is that "ocean of red" surrounding Latah County
slowing you down? Take a hint.

Randall Driskell
Moscow

Note for Randall Driskell . . .

Moscow may be the shining blue star in the red sky of Idaho. Most of us
here in Latah County reflect a strong sense of independence and we are
proud of that fact. We are not lemmings in lock-step with ultra-rightwing,
self-appointed idols.

We care for Moscow and Latah County. Simply because something is popular
does not make it right. Most of us in Latah County tend to browse the
entire menu before we put our money on the table.

We don't fall in line with the crowd simply because it's trendy.

I'll admit one thing, Mr. Driskall. Some people need a crowd to show them
"the way".

Where would you be, Mr. Driskell, without that crowd (forced to consider
and decide on your own)?

Seeya round town, Moscow.

and the Realist adjusts his sails."

- Unknown