[Vision2020] Sports post...be warned

Carl Westberg idahovandal1 at live.com
Wed Nov 3 17:44:47 PDT 2010

U of I football great Jerry Kramer, he of the block that paved the way for Bart Starr to score the winning touchdown for the Green Bay Packers in the 1967 "Ice Bowl" NFL Championship Game (13 below zero, 37 below zero wind chill factor) and the author of the best football book ever written, "Instant Replay", that details that 1967 season, will be on the inaugural "Vandal plane" flight to Moscow-Pullman airport.  It's a crime he's not in the NFL Hall of Fame, and yes, Tom, I remember that game.  I also remember him describing in his book about a contract dispute with the Packers for the upcoming 1968 season.  If I remember correctly, he was standing firm in his demand for around $18,000 for playing that year.  From Vandal Venue....
MOSCOW, Idaho – University of Idaho football legend Jerry Kramer will be making history again. Kramer, along with his daughter, Alicia, will be taking the inaugural flight on Horizon Airline’s newest collegiate plane from Boise to Moscow.

Adorned with silver and gold, the Vandal plane will land at the Pullman-Moscow Airport on Wednesday, Nov. 10, at 10:49 a.m. PT/11:49 a.m. MT.

University of Idaho leadership, Horizon delegates, the Vandal marching band, cheerleaders and others will be on hand to greet the plane.