[Vision2020] Sign seen in Genesee

Reggie Holmquist reggieholmquist at u.boisestate.edu
Mon Nov 1 15:04:55 PDT 2010

> However, we had proposals in the most recent session to try to generate
> employment.

This.  Food Stamps and Unemployment are economic stimuli meant to stimulate
the economy into generating employment (or, conversely, meant to prevent
further job loss).  According to the non-partisan Congressional Budget
Office, those two programs just so happen to be the most effective things
you can do in terms of economic stimulus, especially during a recession.

This is a complicated issue.  If your political beliefs fit on a sign, Mr.
Ifalen, you should probably think harder.

-Reggie

--
There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what
the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be

Douglas Adams