[Vision2020] Alcohol called most dangerous intoxicant

Saundra Lund v2020 at ssl.fastmail.fm
Mon Nov 1 12:06:04 PDT 2010

Hi Ted,

I think/hope that we can agree that both smoking & obesity cause all too
many premature deaths & illnesses.

I disagree that comparing the two is like comparing apples & oranges,
though, because the vast majority of obesity-related health problems/deaths
are also "behavior" related.  Eating foods that are too high in fats
(particularly animal-based), complex carbohydrates, and/or just plain too
high in calories are behaviors/choices, and so, too, is not to getting
adequate exercise.

Addiction (e.g., smoking) is a medical condition just as is obesity.

Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.
~ Edmund Burke

***** Original material contained herein is Copyright 2010 through life plus
70 years, Saundra Lund.  Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce outside
author.*****