[Vision2020] So, Just What Does Lee Rozen Consider "Equal Time" . . .

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Mon Nov 1 05:43:21 PDT 2010

One would rightfully expect an inflammatory response aimed at the public
digs made by Lee Rozen . . . maybe even a request for apology.

But then, when you place Fox News on the pedestal as a role model . . .

A softball letter to the editor by David Nelson, Chair of the Latah County
Democrats

Courtesy of today's (November 1, 2010) Moscow-Pullman Daily News.

Debates are important for voters

Lee Rozen wrote in the Weekend Daily News that "the chattering class of
the left of center sees ... the end of Democracy in Latah County" because
some right-leaning candidates didn't make it to a KRFP candidates' debate
this week.

Lee is right about those debates. They probably weren't really that
important. Left-leaning candidates probably should skip the New Saint
Andrews debates as well, for all the votes they earn there. But Democratic
candidates politely go and engage in conversation to help determine how
Latah County and the state of Idaho is governed. What is the proper role
of government? What is an appropriate level of education and other
services? How do we construct a fair tax policy that encourages business
expansion and pays for the education.

It's important to have that discussion with all participants. Hearing from
the candidates in a variety of forums is an important way for Latah County
voters to select their leaders.

I believe that in Latah County we are a bit of a throwback to a more
patient and thoughtful generation in America. All of our candidates ,left
and right, attend the Lions' meeting in Troy, visit the Deary community
center, speak before the League of Women Voters in Moscow and at New Saint
Andrews. Sometimes, we even all appear on KRFP.

We aren't the chattering class. We just want to discuss the issues and
debate what's important for our future and our children's future. Please
vote Tuesday. It's important.

David Nelson, chair, Latah County Democrats, Moscow

Seeya at the polls, Moscow.

and the Realist adjusts his sails."

- Unknown