[Vision2020] Yep . . . It's Caturday Once More

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sat May 29 07:29:59 PDT 2010

Courtesy of 13 News (Central Florida) at:

http://tinyurl.com/Storm-Drain-Kitten

TITUSVILLE -- A 6-week-old kitten is lucky to be alive, thanks to two teen
girls.

The girls were walking home near Astronaut High School when they heard the
kitten crying.

“My cousin Cara and I thought the cat was just, you know, in like the
neighbor’s yard or whatever. But actually she heard it and she thought
‘hey is that in the pipe or whatever.’ So we just turned back and it was
there. We caught sight of it before it ran down the drain though. It’s
pretty sad,” said Sierra Williams.

“I think it’s really great that they would come out and do that for a cat
that, you know, you don’t even know who it belongs to. It’s just a stray.
I think it’s great that they do that,” said Ashley Starling.

Firefighters were called to come free the kitten by removing a grate and
going into the storm drain to rescue it.

Officials said the little guy is fine and was taken to a local animal
shelter for adoption.

This 6-week old kitten is lucky to be alive, thanks to two teenage girls.

http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedImages/Media/Video/0043%2896%29.jpg

Kitten rescued from under street (video)

http://tinyurl.com/Kitten-Video

Seeya at Farmers Market, Moscow.

and the Realist adjusts his sails."

- Unknown