[Vision2020] What a load of hooey

Rosemary donaldrose at cpcinternet.com
Tue May 25 16:51:14 PDT 2010

            From: John & Paula Bauer <jhbauer at verizon.net>

            Date: May 24, 2010 12:58:13 PM PDT

            To: Campaign Email <greshambouma at gmail.com>

            Subject: Get Out  the VOTE - please forward!

            Tomorrow, May 25th, it is CRITICAL that every single
conservative voter gets to the polls and casts a vote for Gresham Bouma for
Idaho Senate!

. . .   Finally, more than anything, Christians must cry out to God with
prayers for mercy and grace.  A number of believers in Latah County will be
fasting/praying on Tuesday while the polls are open (8 am - 8 pm).  Will you
join us? The prayer room at the Nazarene Church will be open -- stop
before/after you vote to pray for an outpouring of God's mercy on Latah Co.,
Idaho and America. If you sense God prompting you to commit to a 30 minute
prayer slot, please contact Paula Bauer 596-8725 or 882-4945.  We would like
to have at least one person in the room praying for the 12 hours that the
polls are open tomorrow. Paula will be there for several time slots as will
Gresham and Wendy Bouma. Please continue to pray for Gresham and his
success, but pray also for Gary and Barrett Schroeder (in obedience to God's
Word)  that God would extend to them the gift of faith and shower them with
mercy.

Thank you for your support and encouragement for Gresham over the past weeks
on the campaign trail.

            Onward for liberty!

            Paula Bauer

            campaign manager

            Gresham Bouma for Idaho Senate

            208-596-8725

*****

The above email, edited for length and bolded by me, is nauseating.  I am
sorry that the Nazarene Church is a party to this blatant political hoohaw.
And I am even sorrier that Mr. Bouma is so unfamiliar with scripture
(despite his claim that God comes first in his life). I'm guessing he forgot
to read the following, or, perhaps he is the hypocrite so beautifully
described below.

"And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they
love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets,
that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
<http://bible.cc/matthew/6-6.htm> 6But thou, when thou prayest, enter into
thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in
secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
Matthew 6:5 KJV

 <http://bible.cc/matthew/6-16.htm> 16Moreover when ye fast, be not, as the
hypocrites, of a sad countenance: for they disfigure their faces, that they
may appear unto men to fast. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
<http://bible.cc/matthew/6-17.htm> 17 But thou, when thou fastest, anoint
thine head, and wash thy face;  <http://bible.cc/matthew/6-18.htm> 18That
thou appear not unto men to fast, but unto thy Father which is in secret:
and thy Father, which seeth in secret, shall reward thee openly. Matthew
6:16 - 18. KVJ

Rose Huskey