[Vision2020] Stop Misleading Electorate

John Pool jpool at moscow.com
Sat May 22 21:23:25 PDT 2010

I have to agree with GS on this, sort of. Questioning the cost of the upper
administrative level of NSA is, in this thread, a red herring. But there is
a more fundamental question here that hasn't been raised, least of all by
the finger-pointing political candidates, and that is: what is "waste?" How
is it being defined? If I don't like it, is it waste? What if I like it but
you don't? What if the parents of the young people who are in school like it
but those who either never had children or whose children are grown and out
of the system don't like it?

Do the blathering, know-nothing wannabe political types really care about
making the public education system more efficient?

If you believe the latter, I have this bridge in Brooklyn that I'll sell
you. Cheap.

John Pool