[Vision2020] Arizona Gov Wants Guard Helos From Other States

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Fri May 21 15:58:57 PDT 2010

Writing from Tucson, just an hour north of the border, I'll quote the mayor of Phoenix, Phil Gordon, as noted in High Country News, Vol 42, No. 8. (May 10, 2010):

". . . those responsible for this humiliating moment are bitter, small-minded and full of hate, and they in no way speak for Arizona."

Again, this is not just another way of dealing with a problem, one of many reasonable solutions to immigration abuses that good people may freely disagree on.  This is a frightening step toward a fascist state under which race, color, accent, surname, and language in and of themselves qualify as "probable cause," and everyone on any side of this issue -- and anyone who professes to love America -- ought to condemn it swiftly, clearly, and vehemently.

Keely
www.keely-prevailingwinds.com