[Vision2020] Race

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Wed May 19 14:40:52 PDT 2010

I really hate these kinds of tests.  If I was given such a test, I'd reply with "not enough information".  If that was not an allowed option and I had to choose something, I'd choose the white doll for both answers.  My reasoning would be the following:  Both the smartest people and the meanest people I've ever met are white.  This is because 85+% of the people I've known with any real depth are white, mainly because of where we live.  Especially 40 years ago or so when I was five, when the percentage was closer to 99%.

Does that mean I'm a racist?  I don't think so.  I think we place too much importance on these sorts of studies.

Paul