[Vision2020] Mark Potax and the tea Party

lfalen lfalen at turbonet.com
Sun May 2 09:45:47 PDT 2010

I think that most of you respect the views of Mark Potox of the Southern Poverty Law Center. He was on the Laura Ingraham show last week. He said that the Tea Party and the militant militia  were two different groups and that the Tea Party people were peaceful. At he the Moscow Tea Party there were signs representing such great Americans as Walter Williams, Thomas Sowell, Frederick Douglass and Martin Luther King. Signs with Gandhi i were  also present. King is featured favourably in a lot of Tea Party literature.
 In her Editorial Terra Roberts falsely implies that The Tea party is against all taxes. She is dead wrong. They recognise the need for taxes and government particularly at the local level. It is the legitimate business of government to provide those services that it is difficult for individuals to do on there own( roads, police protection, national defense, etc.).
I would like to ask people to quite throwing around epithaphs like racist and Nazi against veiw points that they disagree with. There are a few valid arguments that can be made for big government, high taxes and massive debt. There ae also a few arguments that can be made against the free market, small government, the Constitution, and the rule oif law(as it applies to the Constitution). Please make your arguments the merit of the case. Throwing out racist or nazi epitaphs only demeans your position.

Note to Nick
You stated in a recent post something to the efect that I should be more careful with siting references in reguard to the relationship of the free market and the Nazis. I quoted verbatim from Webster"s New Collegiate Dictionary, copyright 1977, page 767. If you disagree take it up with Merriam-webster.

I have spent too much time here and need to get back to the hospital.
Roger