[Vision2020] Army Regulation 600-43 "Conscientious Objection" Re: 126th Engineer Company to Depart On/About September 17th

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sat May 1 13:35:33 PDT 2010

Yes, Ted.

Conscientious objector status is still recognized in the Army.

However, it is NOT a matter of simply waking up one morning and saying, "I
don't want to report for duty today.  So, I guess that I will become a
conscientious objector."

To attain conscientious objector status one must undergo a battery of
examinations by chaplains and a series of hearings at various command
levels, as well as interviews by commanders.

http://www.apd.army.mil/jw2/xmldemo/r600_43/head.asp

Then there's the matter of the soldier's 201 (personnel) File.

It would probably be easier, and alot less hassle, if one were to simply
decide to be gay for a day and give the unit first sergeant a big, sloppy
wet one at morning formation in front of his entire chain of command up to
(and including) the Battalion Commander.

Odds are he would be out-processing by lunch time.

and the Realist adjusts his sails."

- Unknown