[Vision2020] Latah Justice

Rosemary donaldrose at cpcinternet.com
Tue Mar 30 22:18:02 PDT 2010

I wish we knew more about the background on the decision to plead this case
down.  Perhaps, Bill Thompson will share additional facts surrounding it.
On the other hand, the case record is a public document and we can access it
at the court house and answer some of the questions for ourselves. Did the
family of the victim agree to the plea bargain because they were unclear
about whether or not a successful prosecution was likely?  Was this plea
agreement presented as the best outcome that could be expected?  I remain
outraged that this sociopathic creep was allowed bail.  He has a history of
domestic violence. He killed his wife and by extension his child and tried
to hide his crime by setting his home on fire. Let's not pretend that this
was anything but a cold blooded, deliberate act of a cowardly monster given
the benefit of the doubt and a gigantic break by the Latah County
Prosecutor.  A deal that he absolutely does not deserve.

The plea agreement is an insult to local law enforcement and, as Dan
mentioned, the volunteer firemen who had to clean up his crime.   It
demonstrates outrageous contempt for the family who are forever denied a
daughter and grandchild.  Shame, shame, shame on this travesty and the
people who perpetrated it.

Rose Huskey