[Vision2020] A topical cartoon (NSFW)

Garrett Clevenger garrettmc at verizon.net
Tue Mar 23 20:18:33 PDT 2010

It seems disingenuous to claim that folks like me are against health care reform (as this cartoon and things I've read suggest) when this bill was mostly about health insurance reform (at least the parts that mostly upset people).

They are not the same thing and it seems that using the argument "they are against health care reform" is trying to hide that and not owning up to the fact that real needed reform didn't happen with this bill.

I don't see this with rose-colored glasses.

Hopefully I'm wrong and things will be peachy keen, but I imagine things, though perhaps not as bad as would have happened if no reform took place, will probably not be as good if real health care reform took place.

Will there be the will to do this again to really deal with the challenges after what was a very contentious debate?

I guess we'll have a better idea come November.

But I did think the cartoon was funny, anyways...

Garrett Clevenger